See my report (0) Remove from my report
See my report (0)
This is Statnett
Statnett is responsible for developing and operating the Norwegian power grid to ensure that it meets society’s expectations for the energy sector at all times.
As Transmission System Operator in the Norwegian energy system, Statnett has a clear and distinct role:
- To ensure a stable and secure electricity supply by coordinating production and consumption
- To ensure long-term quality by developing the Norwegian main grid
- To offer all market participants access to the main grid on equal terms
- To ensure accessible transmission routes by means of good maintenance practices
The Group is organised into: Grid Operations Division, Projects Division, Commercial Development, ICT Division, Strategy and Public Affairs and Corporate Staff. Statnett has about 950 employees and the company’s headquarter is in Oslo.
Our main objectives
Statnetts' main objectives are to develop the next generation main grid, to maintain security of supply, contribute to value creation and facilitate better climate solutions.
The main focus is the core activities which are to maintain security of supply, ensure efficient system operations and necessary development and maintenance of the main grid. Health, safety and the environment are at the core of all our activities.
Our main strategy
Statnetts main strategy for the next 3 – 5 years is based on the following five pillars:
- Ensure safe and efficient operations
- Construct a robust main grid adapted to the environment
- Ensure security of supply and value creation in cooperation with other Nordic and European countries
- Develop the next generation Statnett
- Secure acceptance and understanding for Statnett’s mandate
Statnett’s values are a long-term perspective, respect and community. These values describe the basic attitudes which are necessary to succeed, and set the standard for the daily conduct of employees and the management.